Business & Commercial Insurance
Business & Commercial Insurance Quote Forms
Looking for coverage? Click any of the following links to submit a quote for quick, accurate and affordable rates.
Business & Commercial Insurance Information
Insurance For Businesses Throughout Georgia
Starting and running a business isn’t easy. It takes hard work, dedication, and resources from conception to opening the doors. Protecting your hard work is one of the most important responsibilities you have as a business owner.
Cole Hixon Insurance works with business owners in Georgia to provide reliable and affordable business insurance policies geared toward your needs. We will help analyze the risks your business faces day in and day out so that you can get the coverage you need.
What Does Business Insurance Cover?
General Liability Insurance
General liability insurance handles lawsuits concerning bodily injury, property damage and advertising injury that arise out of everyday business operations.
- Bodily Injury: This helps with medical expenses for victims that suffer injury on the business’ property. For example, if a customer in your grocery store slips and sprains their ankle, this liability insurance can help with the cost of medical bills, as well as protect the business from a lawsuit regarding the injury.
- Property Damage: This helps with the costs if a third party suffers property damage on behalf of the business.
- Personal or Advertising Injury: This covers incidents concerning libel, slander and copyright infringement.
General liability is not the same as professional liability. Professional liability covers professional negligence that occurs as a result of specialized services, while general liability covers incidents of non-professional negligence.
Workers Compensation Insurance
In Georgia, workers compensation insurance is required for most businesses with three or more part-time or full-time employee. Workers compensation covers injuries and offers benefits to employees that are hurt on the job. It can provide compensation for:
- Immediate medical expenses
- Emergency services
- Partial or total disability
- Temporary or permanent disability
- Death benefits (funeral services, casket costs, cremation services, etc.)
There are some exceptions to workers compensation requirements depending on your industry.
Commercial Auto Insurance
Commercial auto insurance offers coverage for vehicles owned or used by the business. It covers certain dangers facing commercial vehicles such as comprehensive coverage, collision coverage, liability, medical payments coverage and more.
You can also purchase Hired and Non-Owned Insurance to cover vehicles borrowed or rented by the business.
Insure Your Business Today
Protect your hard work with a reliable business insurance policy. Call Cole Hixon Insurance at (706) 353-8766 or get an instant online quote today.
Common Business Insurance Questions
A business owner is responsible for providing the insurance for their company. So long as the policy is active, the business owner can file a claim for financial loss and other accidents that may hurt the business.
Few business insurance policies are required by law and requirements tend to vary per state. In Georgia, most businesses are required to carry workers compensation insurance for employees.
Small businesses face a lot of risks when it comes to operation, though risks may depend on your industry. In general, it is recommended that small businesses invest in a customized business owners policy.